12 September 2009

Old Singapore Quiz (11)


This is my 2nd "polygonal" quiz. (First one was about a hexagon. This figure has 8 sides and if I remember my maths correctly, it is called an octagon.) Chun See and Icemoon had suggested in an earlier quiz that I should give multiple-choice answers for my quizes. I am glad to accede to their requests.

So for the above photo, could you identify the object and the location where the photo was taken? Is the object

a. A Chinese lantern?

b. A gate in Singapore's Chinese Garden?

c. An entrance to a public toilet?

d. A light housing for round fluorescent tube?

e. An "Eight Treasures Box" (an octagonal tray used to hold candies/snacks during Chinese New Year)?

f. None of the above?

However, if you choose answer "f", you must still tell me what you think the object is and where do you think the photo was taken.

(Side trivia: YG, this a good example of a "non-googleable" quiz.)

18 comments:

Lam Chun See said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lam Chun See said...

c) An entrance to a public toilet. I chose this answer becos only b and c are logical; with the tiles an all. I don't think it is entrance to Chinese Garden becos I have been there and don't recall seeing this. I suspect it has to do with toilet becos you must have seen the photos at my blog and they gave you the idea for this quiz.

fuzzoo said...

f) None of the above.
It is the view of the interior of a pagoda tower at Chinese Garden looking upwards towards the ceiling.

peter said...

mirror inside a male (female???)toilet because those white wall tile typiclaly used in a toilet environment?

fr said...

a.A Chinese lantern at the Chinese Garden

yg said...

i will go with fuzzoo and say it is the ceiling of some octagonal building.

Victor said...

Chun See, you really believed that I would be so bo liao as to blog about a public toilet?

Victor said...

Fuzzoo, isn't a pagoda supposed to have 7 levels? (I didn't use the camera's zoom feature for this photo.)

Victor said...

Peter, if it is a mirror, wouldn't you see the photographer (that's me) as a reflection in the mirror... unless the mirror is set at an angle. Hmm...

Victor said...

Fr, nope, wrong answer.

Victor said...

YG, nope, not octagonal building.

PChew said...

I think it's a cover for an octagonal tray.

Icemoon said...

I think it is a view looking up, exactly where I don't know.

I can see four lights? on the ceiling.

peter said...

Vcitor, may you were doing 2 things at the same time.......hold camera and something else?

Victor said...

PChew - No, not octagonal tray.

Icemoon - No, they are not lights.

Peter - No, I wasn't doing something else.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

It is a Feng Shui Mirror.

Icemoon said...

It must be a ceiling view. Notice Victor did not comment on YG's generic answer:

> i will go with fuzzoo and say it is the ceiling of some octagonal building.

Normally Victor will be quick to point out YG's mistakes. Hah!

yg said...

icemoon, chun see and i will never fail to highlight victor's obsessive interest.