31 May 2005

Taking Up The Challenge

You can call me Victor or Vic for short. This is my first blog and first post. I am a Singapore citizen residing in this tiny city state for almost 50 years now. It was my office colleague and good friend Chris who prodded me to set up my own blog. Chris is almost a decade younger than me but at times we both behave like we have never grown up. So that's how this blog came into existence. To me it is about taking up a challenge from Chris. (That's why this blog is also named as such.) I wanted to show Chris that at my age, I am not too old to learn something new like blogging. Admittedly, I am probably old enough to be a grandfather to some of the young bloggers out there. But hey, you are only as old as you think... or in the case of Chris and I, as old as we act.

3 comments:

Chris Sim said...

Hi there Victor. It's nice to know that I'm the spark that ignited your "interest" in blogging. Didn't I tell you it's a piece of cake? Though almost 10 years apart, I've problem telling apart the infantile and the "old fart" between us. Hee! You've proven beyond doubt that an old dog can learn new tricks indeed. Well, you can surely do better. Upload some photos soon. And perhaps some background music... You need to go to setting to change the time zone to reflect that of Singapore's for future postings. And how do you want to be addressed? Victor, Vic or Edmund? Confusing leh... Hee.

Anonymous said...

Hi Victor,

I found your blogsite while googling for "Lee Big Fool" about the upcoming stage play on Lee Dai Soh by the Toy Factory.

Awesome blogsite by a fellow Singaporean who is taking up the blogging challenge. Great job. Keep it up!

I am currently working on "Project YoungOnce" which I thought you would be interested.

Please visit "The YoungOnce Place" at
www.youngonce.net

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks and regards,

thimbuktu

Victor said...

Hi Thimbuktu, thank you for the very encouraging comments. I just had a browse at The YoungOnce Place. It looks very interesting.

I am currently a so-called "editor" of another Singapore nostalgia blogsite called yesterday.sg. You are welcome to visit us. Hope that you will consider joining us since our interests are so similar. Perhaps there is less duplication of effort that way?